Middlewich FAB Festival 16th – 18th June
Middlewich Folk and Boat (FAB) Festival: With amazing headline artists already announced, Middlewich FAB Festival 2017 promises to be even bigger and more popular than ever. Having historically attracted an estimated 25,000 visitors into Middlewich over the three day festival. Middlewich FAB Festival 2017 will take place on 16th-17th-18th June.
This year’s ticketed concert will boasted ‘Lightning Seeds’ live on the Friday night and The Sundowners headline Saturdays free concert supported by returning artist Emma Stevens.
More artists and activities will be announced over the coming weeks so watch this space for the 2017 line up!
Friday (Ticket only)
Since hitting the music scene in 1989, ‘Lightning Seeds’ have experienced national and international success with their songs featuring in the UK and US music charts. They made it big with hits including “Pure”, “Lucky you” and “The Life of Riley”. They also received national acclaim following their collaboration with David Baddiel and Frank Skinner which reached number 1 in the UK charts in both 1996 and 1998. ‘Lightning Seeds’ are sure to set the mood for festival goers at Middlewich FAB Festival’s Friday night concert.
Since their start in 2010, The Sundowners have released two albums and toured the UK for 18 months for their start into the music industry. Featured on their debut album are hits such as “Wild As The Season,” “Back To You,” and “Into The Light.” In addition, They are scheduled to release their new album this April. With their new lead single “Great Beauty” being labelled as “utterly majestic” by This Feeling, featuring on BBC 6 Music and Radio X, and with new music on the way, they are sure to provide an entertaining night.
Emma Stevens has experienced great success since starting her solo career in 2012 from reaching nearly three million plays on Spotify to having four consecutive singles playlist by Radio 2. Guildford’s singer, song-writer, and multi-instrumentalist, Emma, has an exciting year in 2017 with the tour and release of her third album, “To My Roots”. FAB Festival visitors can expect to hear new music from this album at Saturday night’s free concert alongside some of her previous hits from albums “Waves” and “Enchanted”. Emma is anticipated to draw in a younger crowd for this year’s FAB Festival with her pop, folk, and slightly country melodies.
- Plans for our 27th festival are going well and we hope you can join us – you will be most welcome.
- Following last year`s success we will repeat the informal/free moorings for visiting boaters.
- Visiting boats can moor in three locations: On the Trent & Mersey canal – below Big Lock or above Kings Lock, On the Shropshire Union – above Wardle Lock.
- Moorings will again be reserved for the floating market, between Town Bridge and the Big Lock.
- The floating market is FULLY BOOKED.
- Middlewich Town Council is determined to keep the festival `free to all` wherever possible, despite increasing costs and reduced funding. BOATERS are a BIG part of our FAB festival and we will do all we can to accommodate you and make you welcome.