St Oswald (Lower Peover)
St Oswald (Lower Peover) can be found in an attractive village via a cobbled lane. The church remains one of the best examples of half timbered frames in the country. Built in the fourteenth century, the chapels and tower were added later. Major repairs in 1852 saw a single span roof replaced with three gabled.
Internally, the church contains many fittings from the seventeenth century which include the pews and pulpit.
A church has actually been on this site since at least 1269, when it was a chapel of ease to Great Budworth. The west tower dates […]