Attractions – where to go within easy reach of Knutsford. Some places may take just a couple of hours whilst others, plan a full day. Attractions not to be missed include Tatton Park (Knutsford), Tabley House (Tabley), Quarry Bank Mill, Styal Country Park (Wilmslow), Dunham Massey (Altrincham), Little Morton Hall (Congleton), the Lovell Telescope at Jodrell Bank (Macclesfield), Anderton Boat Lift (Northwich), Nether Alderley Mill (Alderley Edge), Lyme Park (Stockport) and Hare Hill (Macclesfield).
Many of the attractions belong to The National Trust therefore it is highly recommended visitors to the area consider joining. Advantages include:
- Free entry to over 500 places in the UK
- Free parking at most National Trust car parks
- National Trust Handbook full of ideas to help you plan a visit
- National Trust Magazine sent to you three times a year
- Regular newsletters sent straight to your inbox.
For further information visit the National Trust website at www.nationaltrust.org.uk.