Tabley House Collection
Tabley House was built by the architect John Carr of York for Sir Peter Byrne Leicester in 1767. The Leicesters lived at Tabley from the 14th Century, first in the Old Hall on a moated island. and later in the fine house as it stands today.
St Peter’s Chapel, originally built on the island in 1678, was moved in 1927 and re-erected on its present site which is adjacent to the house. The Chapel and the ante-chapel, which now operates as a Tea Room during the open season, have impressive stained glass, (one window designed by Burne […]